2 May, 2014 – 4 May, 2014
100-104 Upper Richmond Road
HURRY Sign up today! Last few places available
Join us in May 2014 for a unique overseas challenge cycling from London to Godalming in Surrey via Northern France for just £300. We will once again be fundraising for Surrey base charity halow and every penny you raise in sponsorship will go directly to them (your entry fee covers your costs). We ask that you raise a minimum of £500 sponsorship, securing £300 of your target by the 30th April 2014.
halow is dedicated to supporting young people aged 16-35 with a learning disability.We strive to ensure that they are able to lead independent, meaningful, and fulfilled lives and become more involved in their local community. For more information on halow, click here.
HURRY Sign up today! Registration closes 18th February, however be starting to ask for kit sizes next week so Please register ASAP.
The route: 250 miles , 2 countries, 48 hours
Day 1: The ride begins at 9am and starts in Putney. You will cycle 80 miles on your first day through South West London, Surrey and Hampshire arriving in Portsmouth to a well deserved drinks reception before boarding the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to St Malo at approx. 7pm. You will then be allocated your cabin and the crossing takes approx. 12 hours.
Day 2: On arrival in St Malo the team will depart towards Mont Saint– Michel using roads from stage 11 of the 2013 Tour de France. The route will then take you North East on quiet (tarmacked) roads through beautiful French countryside arriving in the port of Caen 115 miles later. This is a challenging day but our support team will be there with you every step of the way, the sense of achievement you will feel on arrival in Caen will be immense. There will be time for a well earned meal before boarding the overnight ferry back to Portsmouth for the final leg.
Day 3: A shorter day on the final leg takes our riders on a scenic 55 mile route from Portsmouth to Guildford, arriving back to a welcome home party with family and friends to celebrate the fantastic achievement of all our riders.
What’s included in your registration fee?
· Return ferry crossings (including en-suite berths for overnight accommodation – you may have to share!)
· An experienced support and logistics team to ensure all your needs are met during the trip
·Delicious send off breakfast at the Boathouse in Putney.
· Bespoke halow250 cycling kit including branded bib shorts, jersey and jacket,and water bottle.
· Feed stations (both in the UK and in France) stocked with energy bars, gels, drinks, bananas etc.
· Drinks reception and Harbour Tour on board The Solent Cat .
· Rider maps and the routes will be signed where possible. (Including all downloads for GPS devices)
· Professional bike mechanics, support vehicles and riders, first aiders and motorcycle outriders.
· Welcome home party for friends and family at The newly refurbished Weyside Guildford
· Invitations to social and training rides. Training advice available from the experienced 2Boats team in the run up to and during the ride.
Still not convinced, This is what riders said about our previous adventures:
‘great organisation and support’
‘the 2 Country experience plus the boats made it something different’
‘great camaraderie, friendly atmosphere, great organisation’
‘great challenge and novel routes’
Minimum non refundable deposit of £100 is required with the full amount being paid by the 25th January 2014